CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Growing Green

Lea is one of my closest friends, and the only person with whom I am ever 'girly'. Today she sent me a message regarding the shop she runs - a beautiful place from which she sells all sorts of exciting things - saris, corsets, ouija boards... which may explain the customer she had today: 


'...just had some woman in fast talking, trying to confuse me and haggling to the point of nearly breaking me down to prices I could scarce afford. She said she was a gypsy and said she'd give me a charm, and then claimed to be one of the seven sisters... That's a bit cheeky... Or have I just invoked a cursing?'

To keep her mind at rest (and the gypsy woman's at unrest, if haggling with my friend she shall be), I replied: 

'Ask her which of the three she is, and tell her you have a friend who is first and third. If she's invoked a curse I'll remedy it... war of the gypsy women!'

Of course, I would never turn against one of my own. Not without good cause, anyway. But I imagine Lea's feeling both more confused and (hopefully) less worried. My work here is done.

0 comments: